Professional Ancillary Services / Legal Firms
Professional Ancillary Services
null Zul Rafique & Partners
Zul Rafique & Partners
ZUL RAFIQUE & Partners (ZRp) is a Kuala Lumpur-based law firm that was formed in December 1999. As a result of significant growth achieved since its inception, ZRp is now a large, broad-based commercial legal practice.
Our vision is to provide our clientele with a solution-oriented, comprehensive and integrated range of professional legal services and in the process, we strive relentlessly to surpass our exacting standards of service. We believe that being forward-looking and dynamic is our strength, and our commitment has always been to attain the highest standards in quality, client service and ethics.
We have strategically focused our talents into specialised practice groups to maximise the depth of our expertise and experience. Whether you are looking for corporate solutions or pondering over the enforcement of marine oil pollution legislation, you will find the right people, right here, right now.
Area of Services
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Communications & Multimedia
- Construction Dispute Resolution
- Corporate Liability & Risk
- Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Real Estate
- Employment & Industrial Relations
- Energy & Utilities
- Infrastructure & Construction
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Forensic Investigation
- & Compliance
- Oil & Gas
- Projects & Corporate Advisory
The firm also provides a comprehensive range of services covering domestic, offshore and cross‐border Islamic finance transactions involving local and foreign currencies, which include:
- Islamic Finance & Banking (Islamic Asset Finance, Islamic Facilities, Rescheduling and Restructuring, Islamic Leveraged and Acquisition Finance, Islamic Project Finance, Islamic Real Estate Finance, and Islamic Syndicated Facilities) Capital Markets (Islamic Bank Capital Instruments, Islamic Securitisation, Islamic Structured and Sukuk)
- Legal 500 2022
- Tier 1 for Banking and Finance
- Tier 1 for Capital Markets
- Tier 1 for Islamic Finance in Malaysia
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2022
- Band 1 for Banking and Finance
- Band 1 for Debt Capital Markets in Malaysia
- IFN Deal of the Year 2020 – Islamic Finance News
- Equity Market Deal of the Year 2020 – ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2020 – Asian Legal Business
- Debt Market Deal of the Year (Premium) 2018 - ALB Malaysia Law Awards - Asian Legal Business
- Trade Finance Law Firm of the Year 2016 – Islamic Finance News
- Africa Deal of the Year 2016 – Islamic Finance News
- Malaysia Deal of the Year 2016 – Islamic Finance News
- Infrastructure & Project Finance Deal of the Year 2016– Islamic Finance News
- Advised and acted for HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad on the issuance of Malaysia’s first Sustainability-Linked Sukuk Wakalah by Yinson Holdings Berhad (“Yinson”) pursuant to its Islamic Medium Term Notes Programme of up to RM1 billion in nominal value. This was such a historic transaction that supports the Malaysian government’s initiative and commitment in strengthening sustainable financing.
- Advised and acted for RHB Investment Bank on Cenviro Sdn Bhd inaugural sustainability-linked sukuk of up to RM500 million in nominal value. The sustainability-linked sukuk is in line with principles prescribed by the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) and Cenviro’s commitment towards the sustainability agenda, particularly in the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions intensity.
- Advised and acted for Maybank Investment Bank Berhad establishment and issuance of Islamic Commercial Papers and Islamic Medium Term Notes with a combined aggregate limit of up to RM500.0 Million in nominal value and a sub-limit of up to RM100.0 Million by Kulim Technology Park Corporation Sdn Bhd. The Issuer is principally involved in the development and management of the Kulim Hi-Tech Park, a full integrated high technology park located in the state of Kedah, neighboring the state of Penang and within the Northern Economic Corridor.
- Advised AmInvestment Bank Berhad in an Islamic commercial papers programme of up to RM100 million in nominal value and an Islamic medium term notes programme with a combined aggregate limit of up to RM500 million established by George Kent (Malaysia) Berhad. The proceeds raised from the Programmes are utilised and/or to be utilised by the Issuer for purposes including to finance investments, capital expenditure, working capital requirements and general corporate purposes of the issuer and its subsidiaries, and/or to refinance existing borrowings/financings/future Islamic financings which include any outstanding Sukuk Wakalah (whether in whole or in part), and/or to defray fees and expenses in relation to the Programmes.