Professional Ancillary Services / Shariah Advisory Firms
Professional Ancillary Services
null ZICO Shariah Advisory Services
ZICO Shariah Advisory Services
ZICO Shariah is a leading Shariah advisory service provider that offers a full suite of services ranging from Islamic finance to family matters. The firm provides Shariah advice that is enhanced by extensive experience and legal insights in local and cross-border Islamic finance transactions. The firm is a Shariah advisory firm licensed by the Securities Commission of Malaysia.
The team members possess Shariah, finance, business and legal qualifications over a decade of experience in structuring, drafting, advisory and consultation work in relation to Islamic finance. Clients include regulatory authorities, financial institutions, corporations and individuals.
ZICO Shariah is part of ZICO Holdings Inc. and together with the ZICOlaw network, it forms a platform of integrated multi-disciplinary services for clients in ASEAN and beyond.
Shariah Board Members
- Dr Aida Othman
- Prof Dr Ashraf Md. Hashim
- Prof Dr Mohamad Akram Laldin
- Dr Mohammad Mahbubi Ali
- Dr Akhmad Affandi Mahfudz
Area of Services
ZICO Shariah provides advisory on:
- Full Shariah Advisory Services including as an outsourced Shariah Committee
- Shariah Governance and Compliance
- Structuring of Islamic Financial Products and Instruments (including sukuk)
- Shariah Review and Audit for Islamic Financial Institutions
- Law Reform Advice to Facilitate Islamic Finance
- Establishment of or Conversion into Islamic Banks
- Shariah Compliant Funds
- Islamic Wealth Management
- Halal Assurance Systems and Halal Certification
- Advised two major sovereign fund managers on the potential restructuring of their savings accounts and offering of new types of accounts geared towards Shariah-compliant savings and investments;
- Advised on the issuance of the first corporate sukuk in an ASEAN member country. Provided specialized training for its ministry officials and other industry players on Islamic finance, in particular on sukuk;
- Advised a financial services authority in an Asia country on potential sukuk structures within their legal framework in relation to proposals for tax law reform to facilitate sukuk issuances;
- Advised on legal measures to enable Islamic banking and finance in two countries in the CIS region;
- Advised a regulatory authority in the GCC on establishing an Islamic finance centre;
- Acted as the outsourced Shariah Committee and Shariah personnel for two banks for their Islamic banking operations in Malaysia.