Professional Ancillary Services / Legal Firms
Professional Ancillary Services
null The Chambers of Shamsul Qamar (CSQlaw)
The Chambers of Shamsul Qamar (CSQlaw)
CSQlaw is boutique law firm that was set up early 2015. With five partners and four associates, CSQlaw provides legal and advisory services in Islamic banking and finance, corporate & commercial, dispute resolution and real estate. CSQlaw currently has two offices; one at Ampang, Selangor (Head Office) and the other at Alor Setar, Kedah (Northern Region Office).
The firm’s main strength is the network with regulatory bodies and relevant authorities related to their services. The team members have considerable experiences dealing with foreign clients and undertaking international projects.
The Islamic finance team offers services relating to advisory; capital raising through Sukuk issuance, legal and regulatory compliance, Shariah-compliant investments and debt; business strategy & development; product structuring; documentation; training; and dispute resolution. CSQlaw is also venturing into international markets such as Kazakhstan to provide Islamic finance services and forms a collaboration with Amanie Advisors Sdn Bhd for Shariah matters.
Area of Services
- Advisory (capital raising through Sukuk issuance, legal and regulatory compliance, Shariah compliant investments and debt)
- Business Strategy & Development
- Product Structuring
- Dispute Resolution
- General Litigation
- Islamic Wills & Faraid
- Corporate & Commercial Matters
- Proposed feasibility study on Astana International Financial Centre (AIFC), Kazakhstan in relation to Shariah compliant financial services
- Pre-engagement with Badan Pembangunan Daerah Acheh (BAPEDA), Indonesia on the potential sukuk issuance
- Advised on the legal compliance of Foreign Direct Investment from Hong Kong to an offshore entity in Labuan
- Advised on the legal compliance of Foreign Direct Investment from Dubai to a private limited company in Malaysia
- Provided legal review on the various Islamic banking products