Professional Ancillary Services / Legal Firms
Professional Ancillary Services
null Shook Lin & Bok
Shook Lin & Bok
From its humble origins as a sole-proprietorship established in 1918, Shook Lin & Bok has grown into one of the largest law firms in Malaysia. It is also the oldest law firm of local origin in the country.
The practice began with a limited number of practice areas. As Malaysia evolved from being a British colony into the modern country it is today, the firm grew in tandem to meet the challenges of globalization, building on its strong, trusted relationships with all its clients. The firm’s practice has evolved into a leading full-service firm offering a comprehensive range of legal services, spanning the globe.
The firm has distinguished itself in its commitment to high standards of professionalism and integrity for almost 100 years. It has built on that heritage and continues to invest in the development of its human resources, for the benefit of its clients. Always solution-focused, the firm prides itself not just in highlighting pitfalls in transactions but also in providing alternatives.
The latest in online legal research facilities enhances and complements one of the most comprehensive traditional library facilities in the country, enabling the firm to deliver on its mission of service with effectiveness and efficiency.
The firm has seventeen departments representing major practice areas which combine in a complementary and multidisciplinary practice to serve the needs of clients.
Area of Services
- Islamic Finance (including sukuk, fund management, venture capital & asset management)
- Loan & Debt Restructuring
- Banking and Finance
- Banking & Finance Litigation
- Company Secretarial
- Real Estate, Commercial & Conveyancing
- International & Domestic Arbitration
- General & Civil Litigation
- Intellectual Property, Information Technology & Licensing
- Building, Construction & Engineering
- Tax & Revenue
- Competition & Anti-Trust Law
- Labour & Industrial Disputes
- Insurance & Shipping
- Technology, Multimedia & Telecommunications (TMT) Law
- Family, Probate & Trusts
- IFN Deals of the Year 2016: Perpetual & Regulatory category - IFN Awards 2016
- Best of the Best in Islamic Finance (Jalalullail Othman) - Expert Guides
- Band 1, Banking & Finance: Islamic Finance (Jalalullail Othman) – Chambers & Partners 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Top Tier for Islamic Finance - Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2016
- Tier 1 for Banking & Finance - IFLR 1000 2016 - 2018
- Acted for Mumtaz Rakyat Sukuk Bhd, a funding conduit for Bank Rakyat Malaysia Bhd in the launch of its maiden Basel III -compliant Tier 2 Subordinated Sukuk Murabahah Programme of up to RM5 billion with a tenure of 20 years
- Acted as the transaction counsel for the issuance of the unrated Islamic medium term notes under an unrated Islamic medium term notes programme based on the Shariah principles of Murabahah via a Tawarruq arrangement which has a combined issuance limit of up to RM500 million in nominal value, and the Islamic guarantee facility of up to the maximum aggregate amount of MYR150 million involving security created by Indonesian, Hong Kong and Singaporean parties
- Acted as the Malaysian legal counsel for the lead arranger, original lender, facility and security agent in connection with a senior term loan facility and for the lead arranger, original lender and facility agent in connection with a junior term loan facility, granted to a Malaysian borrower in the oil and gas industry involving the People's Republic of China and Malaysia
- Acted as the Malaysian counsels for the lender in the granting of a term loan facility of up to approximately AUD21.0 million to a company incorporated under BVI law (Borrower) to, among others, redeem its banking facilities granted by an Australian bank
- Acted for a statutory body established to develop and construct housing accommodation, infrastructure and facilities under a Government programme in crafting an Islamic short term revolving credit financing of up to MYR2.5 billion for the development of sustainable and affordable high-quality housing for middle-income households