null Securities Industry Development Corporation (SIDC)
Securities Industry Development Corporation (SIDC)
The Securities Industry Development Corporation (SIDC) is the training and development arm of the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) and the leading capital markets education, training and information resource provider in ASEAN.
Established in 1994 and incorporated as a corporate entity in 2007, the SIDC has been in the business of training and developing capital market participants in Malaysia and internationally for two decades. It designs and facilitates training programmes for Malaysian and foreign regulators, company directors and market professionals as well as conducts public investor education seminars on wise investing and investors' rights. The SIDC also builds human capital for the Malaysian capital market through its talent development programmes. In addition, the SIDC works closely with the SC to develop, maintain and administer the SC Licensing Examinations and the mandatory Continuing Professional Education (CPE) programme as part of the licensing regime for Malaysian capital market intermediaries.
Through its comprehensive experience and successful track record in developing and delivering innovative, high-calibre, fit-for-purpose programmes for specific target audiences, it has established a reputation synonymous with professional excellence and has been acknowledged by international institutions such as the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO), the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and ASEAN.
- The Industry Competency Framework (ICF) was introduced in 2017 as the first framework in the Malaysian capital market. Designed to drive sustainable performance by empowering current professionals and employees in the industry, ICF also functions as a useful tool for assessing competencies for career mobility and progression in the capital market.
- The Industry Transformation Initiative (ITI), a development programme to enhance market intermediaries’, technical and interpersonal competencies, has improved the skill set of more than 73,000 professionals since its launch in 2007.
- The SIDC’s development of the capital market talent pipeline through the Graduate Development Programme (GDP) and Islamic Capital Market Graduate Training Scheme (ICMGTS) have successfully produced a combined total of over 500 entry-level professionals since 2009.
- The SIDC led flagship SC programmes such as the Emerging Markets Programme and Islamic Markets Programme for regulators as well as the Advanced Business Management Programme for directors which established strong reputations over the years.
- The SIDC’s nationwide investor education programmes on wise investing and financial management have benefited over 230,000 Malaysians from all walks of life since 2007.
- The SIDC introduced the Shariah Advisor Programme (i-Advisor, aimed to provide continued professional development in the area of Shariah Advisory relating to the Islamic Capital Market (ICM) for Shariah advisors, academicians and Islamic finance practitioners.
- Globally, the SIDC has tailor-made and delivered international capacity building programmes for securities regulators of Nepal, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam to promote common regulatory competencies, networking and cooperation through close collaboration with international agencies such as the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australian Treasury, AusAID and market regulators.
- Launched in 2009, the first capacity-building programmes for securities market regulatory agencies of emerging Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) whereby the Australian Treasury project manages and leads this activity as a fundamental exercise of the Asian Region Funds Passport (ARFP) Capacity Building initiative. SIDC undertook the management and delivery of capacity building with the assistance of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs, and the technical and policy expertise of the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASICS).
- SIDC undertook and successfully completed a six-month consulting project for the Saudi Capital Markets Authority in Riyadh to develop a competency dictionary and succession planning strategy tailored to its unique needs.
- SIDC has entered into MOUs with the National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM), India and the Securities and Commodities Authority of the United Arab Emirates (SCA) to enable possible collaboration in capacity building initiatives and training programmes for the development of the capital markets and financial services industry.
- Furthermore, SIDC has served regulatory bodies in the Middle East, providing consultancy to the capital market authorities of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Kuwait to develop their talents in undertaking regulatory functions of modern capital markets effectively.
Securities Industry Development Corporation
3, Persiaran Bukit Kiara,
50490 Kuala Lumpur,
T +603 6204 8667
F +603 6201 5811
Izrin Hazarina Zakaria
T +603 6204 8667
T +603 6204 8667