Professional Ancillary Services / Rating Agencies
Professional Ancillary Services
null RAM Rating Services Berhad
RAM Rating Services Berhad
RAM Rating Services Berhad (RAM Ratings) is the leading and largest credit rating agency in Malaysia and South-East Asia (ASEAN).
Established in 1990 by the central bank of Malaysia as part of the “institutional infrastructure” to support the development of Malaysia’s bond market, RAM Ratings’ portfolio encompasses corporates, sovereign nations, financial institutions, insurance companies, project finance and structured finance obligations. Backed by a 3-decade track record, our credit opinions are widely used as a reference point by a broad spectrum of investors, financial institutions and regulators.
RAM Ratings is also the world’s leading credit rating agency for securities issued under Islamic principles, or sukuk. The vast experience and contributions in the fast-growing sukuk market has won us numerous awards, including the Best Rating Agency 2018 (Islamic Business & Finance South East Asia Awards 2018) by CPI Financial and Best Islamic Rating Agency award in 2016 by Islamic Finance News (IFN). Our pioneering efforts include the ratings of numerous “firsts” in innovative and landmark sukuk transactions.
Accredited by the Tokyo Stock Exchange for listings on the Japanese Pro-Bond Market, RAM Ratings also offers ratings on the ASEAN and global rating scales, in addition to the Malaysian national scale.
On 26 May 2016, RAM joined the line-up of pioneer credit rating agency signatories to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment’s Statement on Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) in Credit Ratings.
Area of Services
- Rating Services
- Corporate Ratings
- Financial institution Ratings
- Insurer Ratings
- Sukuk Ratings
- Project finance Ratings
- Structured finance Ratings
- Sovereign & public finance Ratings
- Research & Economics
- Economic Outlooks
- Economic Insights
- Bond Market Montly
- RAM Business Confidence Index
- Data Analytics
- Default Study
- Data Feeds
- MFRS 9 SaaS
- Labuan Entity Corporate Assessment (LECATM)
- Sustainability Services
- Sustainability Rating
- Second Opinion Report
- Sustainability Training
- Best Rating Agency 2018 – Islamic Business & Finance Awards, South East Asia Awards 2018 by CPI Financial
- Best Islamic Rating Agency 2016 - IFN Awards 2016
- Rating Agency of the Year 2016 (Malaysia) - The Asset Triple A Awards 2016
- Have been rating sukuk since 1994 – with the rating of Petronas Dagangan Berhad’s RM300 million sukuk issuance
- Rated many pioneer and landmark sukuk structures that contributed to market development