Professional Ancillary Services / Legal Firms
Professional Ancillary Services
null Raja, Darryl & Loh
Raja, Darryl & Loh
The firm was born in 1964 as a sole-proprietorship and over the years has steadily morphed into the vibrant and still-growing partnership that it is today. Our current practice covers many different areas of law and sectors, having evolved from the original practice that comprised conveyancing, banking and finance law, to keep pace with developments in Malaysia. The firm’s current principal focus would be in the areas of companies, foreign investment, land, construction, medico-legal, banking, finance, receivership, insurance, intellectual property, information & communications technology and tax. Having said that, the list of other areas included in our work is a long one.
“The diversity of our practice areas means that clients can safely regard the firm virtually as a one-stop centre for legal advice and representation”.
We believe that another part of our strength is in our constant attention towards providing prompt responses and proactive thought to offering real solutions to the legal issues encountered by our clients. At the same time, our aim is to retain a traditional personalised approach to practice. This we fervently believe to be in the best interests of our clients.
Through networking over the years, the firm has established links with other professional and legal firms in other jurisdictions and hence is in a position to provide its clients with seamless international professional assistance and referrals.
Area of Services
The Islamic finance practice is an extension to the established Banking and Finance practice of the firm, whereby clients are advised on the principles of Shariah in relation to Islamic finance in Malaysia.
Shariah compliance is critical in Islamic finance. Our firm-wide experience and knowledge with expertise in both Islamic finance and conventional banking practice have equipped us with the relevant knowhow in providing our clients with sound, creative and comprehensive legal advice and solutions.
Our work in the realm of Islamic finance legal advice includes advising on:
- Regulatory compliance for Islamic financial institutions (IFI) under the Islamic Financial Services Act 2013, Financial Services Act 2013; Hire-Purchase Act 1967; Moneylenders Act 1951 and other relevant statutes;
- Regulatory compliance for development financial institutions (DFI) under the Development Financial Institutions Act 2002;
- Structuring of Islamic finance products which entails drafting and reviewing of banking security documents as well as advising on banking law, company law and land law;
- Takaful related matters;
- Islamic capital market which includes crowdfunding and securities under the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007;
- Debt restructuring matters;
- Foreign exchange control matters;
- FinTech and digital assets matters.
In regard to dispute resolution, the firm is firmly entrenched as a leading dispute resolution firm, especially in respect of finance-related litigation and has years of experience in Islamic finance debt recovery.
The team is in a position to give training, seminars and talks on Islamic finance and Shariah governance to boards of directors and executives from financial institutions, Islamic financial institutions, Shariah-compliant companies as well as companies that intend to be Shariah-compliant.