Professional Ancillary Services / Legal Firms
Professional Ancillary Services
null Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill
Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill
Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill (LHAG) offers top-quality service and provides personalised legal representation to both businesses and individuals. The head office is in Kuala Lumpur and other offices are in Johor and Penang. The firm has practice groups in banking and finance, construction and engineering, corporate, employment and industrial relations, insolvency, insurance, land and real property and regulatory matters.
The firm has worked closely with various Shariah committees, Shariah advisers and leading Islamic financial institutions in developing numerous and novel Islamic financial solutions for clients. Megat Hizaini Hassan, the partner leading the Islamic finance practice, regularly presents and participates in Islamic finance workshops and conferences, and has authored books and articles on various issues in Islamic finance.
The corporate practice group has experience in mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, securities dealings, capital and fund raising, restructuring, cross-border transactions, joint ventures, regulatory issues, projects and real estate transactions, internet-related transactions, securities, insurance, banking, direct sales, wholesale and retail trade as well as liaising with government and regulatory bodies such as the Economic Planning Unit of the Prime Minister’s Department, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of International Trade and Industry and the Malaysia Communications and Multimedia Commission.
The dispute resolution practice group offers legal advice and services across a wide spectrum of contentious civil, commercial and regulatory disputes and regularly advise and represent regulatory and statutory bodies, financial institutions, multinationals, professionals, private and public listed companies.
LHAG has been selected as a member of Multilaw and Interlaw. This access to 8,000 lawyers in more than 150 cities worldwide enables the firm to offer a global perspective and provides a one stop shop service on multi-jurisdictional matters.
Area of Services
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- Capital and Equity Market (including Sukuk issuance)
- Shariah-compliant financial and investment transactions (including legal & regulatory framework)
- Islamic Succession Planning
- Highly Regarded Lawyer for Banking, Islamic Finance - IFLR 1000 2016 & 2017
- Malaysia Law Firm of the Year (2016) - Chambers Asia Pacific Awards by Chambers and Partners
- National Law Firm of the Year (2016) - Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards 2016
- Tier 1 Law Firm for Islamic Finance - Legal 500 2017
- Tier 1 Law Firm for Islamic Finance - Legal 500 2016
- Band 2 for Ranked Lawyers in Islamic Finance - Chambers Asia Pacific 2017 & 2016 by Chambers and Partners
- Advised Employees Provident Fund Board (EPF) in relation to the restructuring of existing financing and creation of a Shariah compliant financing facility tranche for property acquisition by EPF’s wholly owned foreign subsidiaries
- Advised on the establishment of a Malaysian subsidiary of the Indonesian Bank, PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) TBK in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Advised the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) in respect of Islamic project financing structures for Sukuk used in Malaysia
- Advised Kuwait Finance House in respect of trade financing facilities granted to a Malaysian utility company for funding of the company’s projects in Kuwait
- Advised Procco Financial Services (Bahrain) in respect of Islamic financial product offered to a Malaysian retailer company
- Advised Barry Callebout (Indonesia), in relation to USD Murabahah financing facility to the company by a Labuan bank
- Advised Maybank Islamic in respect of Islamic property financing for customers in the UK
- Advised Swiss Reinsurance Company (Singapore) in respect of a Mudarabah financing facility for a Malaysian takaful operator