null International Shari'ah Research Academy For Islamic Finance (ISRA)
International Shari'ah Research Academy For Islamic Finance (ISRA)
Through pioneering research and rigorous intellectual dialogue, ISRA aims to promote innovation and dynamism into new boundaries of Islamic finance.
The International Shari'ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) was established by the Central Bank of Malaysia on 26 March 2008, as an initiative to promote applied research in the areas of Shariah and Islamic finance. It also acts as a knowledge repository for matters related to Shariah and fatwas (resolutions) in the Islamic finance industry.
ISRA contributes towards strengthening human capital development in the areas of Shariah by providing platforms for greater engagements amongst practitioners, scholars, regulators and academicians via research and dialogues, in both the domestic and international arena. Through pioneering research and rigorous intellectual discourse, ISRA aims to promote innovation and dynamism into new boundaries of Islamic finance. It is envisioned that with greater understanding through research and dialogue, mutual respect and recognition would emerge within the global Islamic financial industry community.
Area of Services
- Consultancy and training
- Talent development programmes (including in-house Shariah management training programme)
- Shariah and applied research
- Best Islamic Research Firm 2010, 2012, 2014-2017 - Islamic Finance News
- Most Outstanding Islamic Finance Research House - KLIFF 2011 & 2015
- Islamic Economy Knowledge Infrastructure - Islamic Economy Award in the Dubai 2017
- Initiated and produced various types of highly impactful and insightful research on Islamic finance, emphasizing both on the fundamentals and applied Shari'ah research (currently focusing on Islamic banking, Islamic capital market and takaful)
- Published international journal on Islamic Finance in English & Arabic, books on Islamic finance, proceedings, Islamic Finance Space Magazines (IIFS), ISRA Bulletins and ISRA-Bloomberg Bulletins
- Launched the Islamic Finance Knowledge Repository (I-FIKR) portal, a knowledge database which centralizes Shariah rulings and its justifications, legal and regulatory requirements
- Organised international events including ISRA International Shariah Scholars' Forum (ISSF), ISRA Muzakarah Cendekiawan Syariah Nusantara (MUZAKARAH) and Islamic Fintech Dialogue (IFD)
- Partnered with international organisations such as Islamic Research and Training Institute Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Standing Committee for Economic and Commercial Cooperation of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (COMCEC) Turkey, Islamic Finance Council, United Kingdom, Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions Bahrain, Central Bank of Bahrain and University of Jordan
- Translated relevant Arabic fatwas, recommendations and articles to English