Banking > Islamic Banks
null Bank Muamalat
Bank Muamalat Malaysia is one of two independent and domestically-owned Islamic banks in Malaysia.
Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad is one of the two independent full-fledged Islamic Financial Institutions in Malaysia. The bank was established on 1st October 1999 from the combination of Islamic Banking division’s assets and liabilities of three local banks, namely Bank Bumiputra Malaysia, Bank of Commerce (Malaysia) and BBMB Kewangan. The shareholders of the bank comprise of DRB-HICOM which holds 70% shares in the bank with Khazanah Nasional Berhad holding the remaining shares.
Being among the pioneer of Islamic banking, the Bank is strongly supported by Shariah’s scholars who are highly qualified and experienced in the Islamic jurisprudence, advising not only in issues pertaining to Shariah products and services but also as advisor to parties that are planning to raise Islamic Capital Issues or other new innovative products.
The bank has a nationwide network of 63 branches, a kiosk and an offshore Labuan branch that provides wide range of Islamic banking products and services including foreign currency deposits, investment accounts, foreign exchange trading, working capital financing, trade financing, project and contract financing, venture capital and Islamic capital market services to both Malaysians and foreigners.
The Bank is a member of Global Alliance for Banking Values (GABV), an independent network of banks and banking cooperatives worldwide operating under the “Principles of Sustainable Banking”. GABV focuses on the returns of real economy and acts as financial intermediary to support social and environmental impacts. Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad is the first Islamic Bank to be accepted as its member.
Area of Services
- Wide range of deposits and financing that is comparable to those of commercial banks
- Investment Account
- Wealth management products - Banca Takaful, Gold & Gold-I Account, Ar-Rahnu
- Waqf products
- Involve in capital raising services in origination, structuring and arrangement of Islamic Private Debt, Asset-Backed Securities and Islamic Syndicated Financing
- Corporate advisory and consultancy services
- Trade finance products
- Retail Banker International Asia Trailblazer Summit & Awards 2017
- Best Bancassurance Product
- Global Islamic Finance Award 2016
- Pioneer of Islamic Banking
- WealthBriefingAsia Singapore Awards 2016
- Best Private Bank Malaysia – Editor’s Award
- Retail Banker International Asia Trailblazer Summit & Awards 2016
- Dynamic 3rd Party Partnership
- The first Islamic bank to launch the first venture listed on Investment Account Platform (IAP)
- The first Islamic bank to introduce Cash Waqf via Wakaf Selangor Muamalat
- The first Islamic banking institution and the the first bank in South-East Asia to be recognized as a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV)
Bank Muamalat Malaysia Bhd
21, Jalan Melaka,
50100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Nor Hamidah Abu Bakar
T +603 2615 7134
Wan Badroel Hisham Wan Mohamed
T +603 2692 8328