Professional Ancillary Services / Legal Firms
Professional Ancillary Services
null Azmi & Associates
Azmi & Associates
Azmi & Associates (A&A) was established on 1 September 2000 and has since undertaken various legal assignments including on banking and financial services transactions (both Islamic and conventional), conveyancing, mergers and acquisitions, capital debt market, intellectual property, as well as civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Clients of A&A range from small and medium enterprise companies to public listed companies and foreign multinationals. A&A is situated within Kuala Lumpur’s “Golden Triangle”, the financial and business district housing most of the headquarters of Malaysia’s blue-chip financial institutions, listed companies and business groups.
A&A is now in its second decade of service – having grown from 11 lawyers to the current strength of 70 lawyers, comprising 17 partners and 53 associates.
A&A helps its clients in cross-border deals with local insight. The firm’s resources extend globally through the strength of international alliances. A&A participates actively in the TerraLex network (based in Florida, USA) of law firms, with whom the firm works closely, comprising 17,000 lawyers across more than 100 jurisdictions. The firm also serves as a member in First Law International (based in Europe).
The firm’s Chinadesk focuses on the Chinese-speaking markets. A&A has built formal collaborations with Russian law firm The Pepeliaev Group, and Kazakh law firm, GRATA Law Firm.
Throughout A&A’s more than a decade of service, the commercially savvy solutions have gained global recognition on international legal directory listings and publications such as The Legal 500, Asian Legal Business, Chambers Global, Asian In-House Handbook and the International Financial Law Review 1000.
Area of Services
- Private Debt Securities (including Sukuk)
- Project and Corporate Financing
- Products Development
- Islamic Trade Finance
- Litigation, Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- Islamic Finance Advisory
- Best Islamic Finance Law Firm - Global Islamic Finance Awards (GIFA) 2016
- Law Firm of the Year 2015 for Islamic Finance - ASEAN-MENA Counsel In-House Community
- Employer of Choice - Asian Legal Business 2015 & 2016
- Highly Recommended in Shipping, Maritime & Aviation, Recommended in Banking & Finance and Corporate/M&A - Asialaw Firm Rankings (Malaysia) 2017
- Honourable Mentions in Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions, Intellectual Property - ASEAN-MENA Counsel In-House Community 2015
- The Most Responsive Domestic Law Firm - ASEAN-MENA Counsel In-House Community 2015
- Advised syndicated Islamic financial institutions in relation to Islamic facilities up to USD550 million in favour of an oil & gas company
- Advised an international Islamic bank for an Islamic trade financing in favour of a Singaporean trading company
- Advised a development financial institution in relation to an Islamic finance financing for the construction of a lubricant mixing plant in Sri Lanka
- Advised a development financial institution in relation to aircrafts financing facilities of USD103.2 million in favour of an Indonesian airlines company for the purchase of six aircrafts
- Advised a development financial institution on the upsizing of Multicurrency Medium Term Note (MMTN) of USD4.5 Billion
- Advised a Silicon Valley bank in relation to the Term Loan and Revolving Facilities of USD10.0 Million granted to a Labuan company