Professional Ancillary Services / Legal Firms
Professional Ancillary Services
null Albar & Partners
Albar & Partners
Regarded as one of the market leaders in the field of banking and financial services.
Established in 1999, Albar & Partners is a mid-sized commercial law firm based in Kuala Lumpur with over 13 partners and a consultant leading a team of 26 associates. With in-depth understanding of the financial markets and wealth of experience, the firm is well regarded in the practice areas of banking and finance, capital markets, corporate/mergers & acquisitions, Islamic finance, project finance and securitisation.
Albar & Partners has helped devise and deliver financing solutions for both investors and issuers in accordance with a diverse range of Shariah principles and values.
The firm has advised in a myriad of high profile and innovative Islamic financing structures which have set legal benchmarks in the nation, and have helped clients develop internationally accepted Islamic financial instruments. As Islamic financing techniques and products continue to evolve, the firm has had the opportunity to work closely with many different Shariah committees and advisers in Malaysia and in the Middle East.
Over the years, Albar & Partners has been recognised as a leading adviser in Islamic finance by global senior industry Islamic finance practitioners (including issuers, investors, non-legal financial intermediaries & regulators) through the numerous accolades reported in various Islamic finance legal directories and awards.
Area of Services
- Asset Financing
- Corporate Financing including Islamic REITs
- Islamic Debt and Equity Capital Markets
- Islamic Banking and Banking Litigation
- Islamic Structured Finance and Project Finance
- Equity Market Deal of the Year for Serba Dinamik IPO - ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2017
- M&A Deal of the Year (Mid-Size) for MMC Port Holdings’ MGO and Takeover of NCB Holdings - ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2017
- Outstanding Law Firm in Malaysia for Banking & Finance and Capital Markets - Asialaw Profiles: The Guide to Asia-Pacific’s Leading Regional and Domestic Law Firms 2016 & 2017
- Energy, Projects & Infrastructure Law Firm of the Year - ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2016
- Tier 1 Law Firm in Malaysia for Banking & Finance, Islamic finance and Capital Markets - The Legal 500: Guide to Asia’s Commercial Law Firms 2016 & 2017
- Band 1 Law Firm in Malaysia for Banking & Finance, Debt & Equity Capital Markets & Band 2 Law Firm across the Asia Pacific for Islamic Finance Chambers: Asia Pacific Guide 2016 & 2017
- Tier 1 Law Firm in Malaysia for Banking & Finance and Capital Markets - IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms 2016 & 2017
- Acted for the concessionaire and its ultimate holding company to negotiate the terms of the concession agreement and related agreements in relation to the concession granted by the Government of Malaysia for ‘Sistem Kawalan Imigresen Nasional’ (SKIN)
- Acted for the issuer in a multicurrency Islamic medium term notes programme of up to MYR7 billion in nominal value established by SapuraKencana TMC Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad
- Acted for the sole placement agent in the private placement exercise comprising approximately 5% of the issued and paid-up share capital of Sime Darby Berhad to subscribers in or outside Malaysia and outside of the United States of America in reliance on Regulation S under the US Securities Act of 1933
- Acted as the domestic Malaysian counsel to the financier in a US Dollar term loan facility of up to USD135.4 million and currency swap facility of up to MYR530 million granted to a non-resident controlled company to part finance the acquisition of a five-star hotel in Kuala Lumpur
- Acted as the domestic Malaysian counsel for the financiers which granted land facilities and development facilities of up to GBP1.1 billion to part finance the acquisition of three development lands located in London
- Acted for the principal adviser and the lead arranger in the issuance of unrated Islamic medium term notes programme of up to MYR10 billion established by Maxis Broadband Sdn Bhd, based on the Islamic principle of Murabahah (via a Tawarruq arrangement).
- Acted for the joint principal advisers and lead arrangers in the unrated perpetual Sukuk Wakalah of up to MYR800 million based on the Islamic principle of Bi-Al-Istithmar established by Tanjung Bin Energy Sdn Bhd, with an unconditional and irrevocable subordinated cash deficiency support from its holding company, Malakoff Corporation Berhad, a leading independent water and power producer in Malaysia.