Professional Ancillary Services / Legal Firms
Professional Ancillary Services
null Adnan Sundra & Low
Adnan Sundra & Low
Experienced in the various fields enumerated and carries with it the benefit of having acted for and/or liaised and co-operated with various transaction parties and stakeholders.
Adnan Sundra & Low was originally established in August 1975 under the name of Mutalib Sundra & Low and has operated under its present name since June 1982.
The firm has made it to practice to understand the business of the clients and to get down to achieving their commercial objectives. The firm and its lawyers regularly garner accolades for the work including local and international awards, top-tier ranking in various publications and client plaudits due to the ability in delivering practical legal advice and customised solutions.
Over the course of its existence, the firm has carefully nurtured a culture of inclusive and collaborative business relationships to serve the individual needs of each client. The firm consists of a diverse team of lawyers who enjoy work and believe in the value of human experiences gained through mutual respect, honesty, team work and shared knowledge.
Area of Services
- Banking and finance, capital markets, Islamic finance (local and cross-border banking and finance transactions, inclusive of acquisition finance, corporate finance, re financing, debt restructuring other financing arrangements)
- Corporate/M&A (full range of corporate advisory issues)
- Dispute resolution (a broad range of complex banking, contractual, commercial, employment, restructuring and insolvency matters in courts in Malaysia as well as commercial disputes before arbitration tribunals in Malaysia and worldwide)
- Real estate (including large and complex transactions)
- Malaysian Law Firm of the Year - Asian Legal Business (ALB) Malaysia Law Awards 2016
- Islamic Finance Law Firm of the Year - ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2016 & 2017
- Banking and Financial Services Law Firm of the Year - ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2014 - 2017
- Regulatory Capital Deal of the Year - Islamic Finance News (IFN) Deals of the Year Award 2017
- Commodity Murabahah Deals of the Year - IFN Deals of the Year Awards 2016 & 2017
- Perpetual & Regulatory Deal Of The Year - IFN Deals of the Year Awards 2016
- Advised the world’s first exchangeable Sukuk (and also the largest ever exchangeable issuance in Malaysia)
- Advised the world’s first perpetual sukuk issuance
- Advised the world’s first Green SRI sukuk issuance
- Advised the establishment of the first Shariah-compliant unlisted real estate investment trust (REIT), and also the first education REIT in Malaysia focusing on educational assets
- Advised on separate issuances of both Malaysia’s first and largest Islamic Additional Tier 1 Capital Securities Programmes respectively
- Acted for Malaysia’s largest bank in obtaining vesting orders effecting the ownership transfer of non-performing loans, part of the first ever sale of non-performing loans in Malaysia via open auction
- Advised and negotiated the joint development of over 110 acres of land in Melaka, which includes the construction and sale of residential units, retail units, hotels, service apartments, office towers, commercial shops and offices
- Advised the USD2.5 billion Multicurrency Sukuk Issuance Programme issued by Tenaga Nasional Berhad
- Advised the USD1 billion Trust Certificates due 2026 and USD500 million Trust Certificates due 2046 by the Government of Malaysia, via Malaysia Sukuk Global Berhad
Adnan Sundra & Low
Level 11, Menara Olympia,
No. 8 Jalan Raja Chulan,
50200 Kuala Lumpur,